After what we saw from the GTX 260 Super Overclock, the bar had seriously been raised before checking out this GTX 275 which sits in the same series. The good news is that it manages to clear the bar with no dramas. The bad news is that the bar is set higher than ever before.
The bundle is a bit on the light side of things, but the Super Overclock Series is about one thing; Performance! Since that is what GIGABYTE are aiming for, they have to do it well and we're glad to say they did. Something that you have to remember as well is that the GTX 285 we compared the card against today comes pre-overclocked out of the box, giving GIGABYTE a tougher fight. But for the most part we're still able to see it come out on top.
If the GTX 260 SOC is able to perform like a GTX 275 and a GTX 275 SOC is able to perform like a GTX 285, we have to wonder if a GTX 285 can perform like a GTX 295. While we know it's simply not possible due to the dual GPU configuration the 295 card uses, you have to wonder if they will attack the fastest single GPU video card from the company, or simply wait for the GT 300 series that are due out before year's end.
We love to see that GIGABYTE are stretching their legs when it comes to overclocking video cards. The thing is that they've not just snagged an exit seat in economy; they're up in first class where there's loads of room and we're glad to say they're making use of every bit of space they have.
I'll say it again; I didn't think that GIGABYTE had this kind of series in them. We're so glad they do and hopefully we'll see the series stay while being expanded over the years.
If you're after a GTX 275 that does nothing but kick ass, this is the one to get. The package might not be anything fancy, but once you slide it into your system you'll be shocked with the amount of power this GTX 275 has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design