Overall, I was impressed with the qualities of this low-priced cooling solution. I have tested a lot of coolers in the past and many of the expensive models can't boast the effectiveness of this one. It manages to bring a quality heatsink to the masses at an affordable price. I did a little searching online and found any number of retailers selling this model for around US$18. With many other coolers costing twice as much (or more), this is looking to be a better bargain.
Of course, the heatsink isn't without faults. While the design is a common one that has been improved, the clipping mechanism can be cause for many a headache. When you start trying to get the front of the clip engaged over the socket lugs, too much wiggling will require you to remove the sink, apply more interface material and start over with the installation process. If I could change one thing about this HSF it would be that clip.
Bottom line... I have told countless people that it is foolish to spend all kinds of money on a shiny new processor and then not spend a few bucks more on a good cooling solution. Well, the cost of that effective cooling solution just got a bit lower. Regardless as to whether you are an enthusiast or one who never plans on overclocking, you will find that the Dynatron DY1206BH-625 will suit your needs very nicely.
Very effective cooling
Innovative fin design
Reduced noise level
Clipping mechanism needs work
No 4-pin power connection
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook