Overall, I was impressed with the qualities of this low-priced cooling solution. I have tested a lot of coolers in the past and many of the expensive models can't boast the effectiveness of this one. It manages to bring a quality heatsink to the masses at an affordable price. I did a little searching online and found any number of retailers selling this model for around US$18. With many other coolers costing twice as much (or more), this is looking to be a better bargain.
Of course, the heatsink isn't without faults. While the design is a common one that has been improved, the clipping mechanism can be cause for many a headache. When you start trying to get the front of the clip engaged over the socket lugs, too much wiggling will require you to remove the sink, apply more interface material and start over with the installation process. If I could change one thing about this HSF it would be that clip.
Bottom line... I have told countless people that it is foolish to spend all kinds of money on a shiny new processor and then not spend a few bucks more on a good cooling solution. Well, the cost of that effective cooling solution just got a bit lower. Regardless as to whether you are an enthusiast or one who never plans on overclocking, you will find that the Dynatron DY1206BH-625 will suit your needs very nicely.
Very effective cooling
Innovative fin design
Reduced noise level
Clipping mechanism needs work
No 4-pin power connection
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni