Overall, I was impressed with the qualities of this low-priced cooling solution. I have tested a lot of coolers in the past and many of the expensive models can't boast the effectiveness of this one. It manages to bring a quality heatsink to the masses at an affordable price. I did a little searching online and found any number of retailers selling this model for around US$18. With many other coolers costing twice as much (or more), this is looking to be a better bargain.
Of course, the heatsink isn't without faults. While the design is a common one that has been improved, the clipping mechanism can be cause for many a headache. When you start trying to get the front of the clip engaged over the socket lugs, too much wiggling will require you to remove the sink, apply more interface material and start over with the installation process. If I could change one thing about this HSF it would be that clip.
Bottom line... I have told countless people that it is foolish to spend all kinds of money on a shiny new processor and then not spend a few bucks more on a good cooling solution. Well, the cost of that effective cooling solution just got a bit lower. Regardless as to whether you are an enthusiast or one who never plans on overclocking, you will find that the Dynatron DY1206BH-625 will suit your needs very nicely.
Very effective cooling
Innovative fin design
Reduced noise level
Clipping mechanism needs work
No 4-pin power connection
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family