The Gateway NV5214u
The box is traditional Gateway with cow print and all; reminds me of 1990.
The first glimpse of the top of the chassis after getting the machine out of the box shows that Gateway took efforts to make the machine look good and it shows.
The front edge of the notebook has only two lights to show when the machine is on the charger and when it is actually powered up.
The left side of the notebook is packed full with the AC adapter, VGA out, HDMI out, RJ-45, memory card reader, two USB ports and the mic and headphone jacks.
The right side of the notebook is dominated by the DVD/CD burner and has a modem jack and a pair of USB ports. The power switch is hidden in the LCD hinge on the right side of the machine as well.
The back of the machine has a cooling grate and that is it.
The keyboard looks positively gargantuan after working with netbooks for so long. A full number pad is included as well.
The screen is wide and has a thin bezel with acceptable colors and video quality.
The bottom of the machine has cooling grates, the battery and the large cover hiding the RAM and HDD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform