Chillin' in the lounge
Putting this keyboard into action on my HTPC setup, I notice that there is no driver disc for this device and true to its word it's a plug and play dongle with all the relevant drivers already being part of Microsoft's architecture.
The trackball performs a bit too well at times and I found myself having to dial down the sensitivity along with pointer acceleration thanks to the precise tracking.
That being said, if you try to spin the ball it will simply not register and while this initially seems annoying if you wanted to move the pointer to one edge very quickly, it is really there to help you keep your movements with the ball refined and controlled.
It's unusual going back to a trackball after years of touchpads and optical mice, but after a couple of hours playing you find yourself falling back into your trackball style of control and it becomes intuitive very quickly.
The keyboard itself is lightweight and nicely shaped to rest on your legs and the keys are evenly spaced to give a natural feel. Typing is pretty easy and few mistakes are made once you re-adjust to the keyboards slightly smaller size.
Style-wise, the rack does not win many points, with generic looking black plastic and grey keys;it will go with everything but is not winning any beauty contests sorry to say.
If anyone is looking for a solid keyboard and mouse combination the VidaBox has you covered with all the features you would expect for the money and the no-frills design, meaning less annoyances.
Driverless setup is a bonus, however, and it works great with Windows 7, too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD