The Corsair Dominator GT is some good RAM. Without too much effort we were able to get a decently high overclock in terms of speed, but found that we had to loosen the timings too much for it to be of any performance value. On the other hand, the tighter than normal timings at stock and labeled speed gave us a nice performance boost that was noticeable for most of our testing.
Pricewise it was not the most expensive kit we found, but it was also not the cheapest. Newegg are currently listing it for $244.99 U.S. with free shipping. This is good value if you are looking for a good 8GB kit of RAM that has potential for some decent overclocking. Still, there were some downsides (as we mentioned). The fan is quite loud and not exactly something I would want to listen to for an extended period of time.
All in all, the Corsair Dominator GT 8GB kit for Lynnfield is a pretty good buy. For anyone running a Microsoft based 32-bit OS it is going to be useless, but as we move towards 64-bit computing this will be seen less and less. If you are in need of a ton of RAM with good speed for your new Lynnfield, this would not be a bad choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4