The Corsair Dominator GT is some good RAM. Without too much effort we were able to get a decently high overclock in terms of speed, but found that we had to loosen the timings too much for it to be of any performance value. On the other hand, the tighter than normal timings at stock and labeled speed gave us a nice performance boost that was noticeable for most of our testing.
Pricewise it was not the most expensive kit we found, but it was also not the cheapest. Newegg are currently listing it for $244.99 U.S. with free shipping. This is good value if you are looking for a good 8GB kit of RAM that has potential for some decent overclocking. Still, there were some downsides (as we mentioned). The fan is quite loud and not exactly something I would want to listen to for an extended period of time.
All in all, the Corsair Dominator GT 8GB kit for Lynnfield is a pretty good buy. For anyone running a Microsoft based 32-bit OS it is going to be useless, but as we move towards 64-bit computing this will be seen less and less. If you are in need of a ton of RAM with good speed for your new Lynnfield, this would not be a bad choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact