Colors and Software
Due to the lighting needed to get a presentable image, we lose the effect of a brilliant flood of light that is separately programmable from the top mounted LED's. Here we see the Sentinel as it boots up out of the box. Red is the starting color and out of the box the "headlights" do match the top as you cycle through.
Using the button in front of the scroll wheel, even without the drivers installed, you are able to select most of the LED's color choices. Here we have blue.
Keep clicking! Now we have green.
Violet or purple, depending on how you see it.
With the last click before we go back to red, we have teal or aqua. With the driver installation you gain a couple of colors and the ability to turn them off.
Once you go through a couple basic installation screens for the driver package and fire up the software, this is the screen you are greeted with. The Main Controls tab is where you can set all the basics for mouse functionality such as DPI, sensitivity, and have the ability to set up to five profiles worth of settings that get stored on the 64MB of onboard storage.
The Color Controls tab is pretty self explanatory. You will find the addition of white and yellow for LED options and as I said, the black, or LED off option as well. Again, and with every tab in this series, all settings can be saved for each individual profile.
If you have the desire to use Macro, this is where you get started.
You can even set scripts to the click of a mouse.
The Library tab allows for you to set up a bunch of scripts and change them as needed via software, versus having to rewrite the Macro or Scripts that you would want to use every time.
This software from Cooler Master also includes a download and update feature and support built right in. With one simple click the software is scanned and deemed up to date or not and allows for the download and update of those drivers. Clicking on the support button leads you to Cooler Master's forum where you may address any issues you might run into.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FreeSync coming to mid-range HP laptops later this year
- iOS 9.3 beta 3 is out, adds Verizon Wi-Fi Calling, CarPlay features
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance