The Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance Mouse
Getting up close and personal! As I mentioned before, this mouse is covered in black ABS plastic and the rear, sides and front buttons are rubberized for improved grip of the Sentinel. The center houses the OLED surrounded by a round holed vented piece that allows the LED's to shine through. As I spin the Sentinel around, I will get into detail of the front and sides of this right hand only mouse.
We can't leave out the connection for this beauty; we get an almost six foot long, cloth braided cable with a gold plated USB 2.0 connection.
The Sentinel is designed ergonomically for the right handed gamers out there. The left side of the mouse houses the forward and back buttons for web surfing that can be programmed for any function your game will allow. This area for the thumb is very comfortable after long hours of use and the buttons are far enough forward to accommodate even the largest of hands.
Staring the Sentinel in the face, we have the typical large right and left click buttons, but in the front is also a button to swap from the five programmable user profiles. In the middle is the scroll wheel that goes forward and back, but doesn't feature tilt. Just behind the wheel are two buttons that either raise or lower the DPI on the fly and is displayed on the OLED for easy reference.
The right side is plastered with the "CM Storm" logo in grey matching all the other trim. Keeping with the ergo design, Cooler Master leaves a nicely shaped area to rest your ring finger and pinky during game play and everyday maneuvering, completing the overall great feeling shape.
Starting at the top, we have the dual channels; these are where Cooler Master has put the "headlights" of the Sentinel and these LED's are changeable as well. Moving to the middle, there is the sensor, or as Cooler Master shows it, the 5600 DPI Storm Tactical Sensor, comprised of twin lasers. At the bottom is the removable panel to access the weighting system.
Removing said panel shows that the Sentinel has five 4.5 gram weights housed in foam. While the foam is pre-cut for specific weight placement, it works very well to keep those weights in place and free from any shifting around during even the most intense game play.
Just for a better comparison of size, here is the CM Sentinel next to my previous "daily driver", the Logitech MX-518. They are very similar in all sizing with the Sentinel being just a bit longer. This made for a very easy transition to the Sentinel for me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance Mouse]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning