The Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance Mouse
Getting up close and personal! As I mentioned before, this mouse is covered in black ABS plastic and the rear, sides and front buttons are rubberized for improved grip of the Sentinel. The center houses the OLED surrounded by a round holed vented piece that allows the LED's to shine through. As I spin the Sentinel around, I will get into detail of the front and sides of this right hand only mouse.
We can't leave out the connection for this beauty; we get an almost six foot long, cloth braided cable with a gold plated USB 2.0 connection.
The Sentinel is designed ergonomically for the right handed gamers out there. The left side of the mouse houses the forward and back buttons for web surfing that can be programmed for any function your game will allow. This area for the thumb is very comfortable after long hours of use and the buttons are far enough forward to accommodate even the largest of hands.
Staring the Sentinel in the face, we have the typical large right and left click buttons, but in the front is also a button to swap from the five programmable user profiles. In the middle is the scroll wheel that goes forward and back, but doesn't feature tilt. Just behind the wheel are two buttons that either raise or lower the DPI on the fly and is displayed on the OLED for easy reference.
The right side is plastered with the "CM Storm" logo in grey matching all the other trim. Keeping with the ergo design, Cooler Master leaves a nicely shaped area to rest your ring finger and pinky during game play and everyday maneuvering, completing the overall great feeling shape.
Starting at the top, we have the dual channels; these are where Cooler Master has put the "headlights" of the Sentinel and these LED's are changeable as well. Moving to the middle, there is the sensor, or as Cooler Master shows it, the 5600 DPI Storm Tactical Sensor, comprised of twin lasers. At the bottom is the removable panel to access the weighting system.
Removing said panel shows that the Sentinel has five 4.5 gram weights housed in foam. While the foam is pre-cut for specific weight placement, it works very well to keep those weights in place and free from any shifting around during even the most intense game play.
Just for a better comparison of size, here is the CM Sentinel next to my previous "daily driver", the Logitech MX-518. They are very similar in all sizing with the Sentinel being just a bit longer. This made for a very easy transition to the Sentinel for me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse