- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz (20x100)
Motherboard: Abit BD7II-RAID (i845E), DFI NS70-EL (SiS645DX), Abit BD7-RAID (i845D)
Memory: OCZ 256MB PC2700
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB ATA100
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia DetonatorXP v23.11, DirectX 8.1
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra 2002, 3DMark2001 SE, Quake III Arena, Content Creation Winstone 2001, Business Winstone 2001
Results - SiSoft Sandra 2002
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2001 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
As expected, all three boards performed virtually identically in the CPU benchmark, however, when we take a look at the memory benchmark we see the SiS645DX chipset pull quite far ahead. This is due to the fact that the SiS645DX supports DDR333 memory, while the i845D/E chipsets only support DDR266. If the BD7/BD7II boards were overclocked to run at DDR333 memory speeds, the FSB would have to be adjusted which would also overclock the CPU, PCI and AGP bus, making it an uneven playing field.
Unfortunately a VIA P4X333 based motherboard was unavailable at the time of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 3 [Package, Features & Layout]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available