- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz (20x100)
Motherboard: Abit BD7II-RAID (i845E), DFI NS70-EL (SiS645DX), Abit BD7-RAID (i845D)
Memory: OCZ 256MB PC2700
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB ATA100
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia DetonatorXP v23.11, DirectX 8.1
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra 2002, 3DMark2001 SE, Quake III Arena, Content Creation Winstone 2001, Business Winstone 2001
Results - SiSoft Sandra 2002
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2001 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
As expected, all three boards performed virtually identically in the CPU benchmark, however, when we take a look at the memory benchmark we see the SiS645DX chipset pull quite far ahead. This is due to the fact that the SiS645DX supports DDR333 memory, while the i845D/E chipsets only support DDR266. If the BD7/BD7II boards were overclocked to run at DDR333 memory speeds, the FSB would have to be adjusted which would also overclock the CPU, PCI and AGP bus, making it an uneven playing field.
Unfortunately a VIA P4X333 based motherboard was unavailable at the time of testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 3 [Package, Features & Layout]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017