With the recent release of Intel's 533MHz bus Pentium 4 processor, there was a sudden need for a motherboard chipset to officially support the increase in FSB speed. The end result was the i845E and i845G chipsets - Both of which are essentially identical to their predecessor, the i845D, however, they both include official support for 533MHz bus processors and in the case of the i845G, integrated graphics as well.
In our original i845G review, we concluded that performance was greatly held back by lack of DDR333 support and the integrated graphics did not perform to our expectations. However, to this point not much has been published on TweakTown regarding the i845E. We have just recently managed to obtain our first retail i845E review sample, in the form of the Abit BD7II-RAID. Abit have enjoyed much success in the enthusiast motherboard market over the past year, which is mainly due to the fact that they continually release quality products that cater for the hardware enthusiast and overclocker - often in the form of extra features, an excellent layout and/or a plethora of BIOS adjustments through their famed "SoftMenu".
How does the i845E equipped BD7II-RAID compare to its predecessor, the i845D chipset, and more importantly, its competitors? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 3 [Package, Features & Layout]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform