With the recent release of Intel's 533MHz bus Pentium 4 processor, there was a sudden need for a motherboard chipset to officially support the increase in FSB speed. The end result was the i845E and i845G chipsets - Both of which are essentially identical to their predecessor, the i845D, however, they both include official support for 533MHz bus processors and in the case of the i845G, integrated graphics as well.
In our original i845G review, we concluded that performance was greatly held back by lack of DDR333 support and the integrated graphics did not perform to our expectations. However, to this point not much has been published on TweakTown regarding the i845E. We have just recently managed to obtain our first retail i845E review sample, in the form of the Abit BD7II-RAID. Abit have enjoyed much success in the enthusiast motherboard market over the past year, which is mainly due to the fact that they continually release quality products that cater for the hardware enthusiast and overclocker - often in the form of extra features, an excellent layout and/or a plethora of BIOS adjustments through their famed "SoftMenu".
How does the i845E equipped BD7II-RAID compare to its predecessor, the i845D chipset, and more importantly, its competitors? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 3 [Package, Features & Layout]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni