With the recent release of Intel's 533MHz bus Pentium 4 processor, there was a sudden need for a motherboard chipset to officially support the increase in FSB speed. The end result was the i845E and i845G chipsets - Both of which are essentially identical to their predecessor, the i845D, however, they both include official support for 533MHz bus processors and in the case of the i845G, integrated graphics as well.
In our original i845G review, we concluded that performance was greatly held back by lack of DDR333 support and the integrated graphics did not perform to our expectations. However, to this point not much has been published on TweakTown regarding the i845E. We have just recently managed to obtain our first retail i845E review sample, in the form of the Abit BD7II-RAID. Abit have enjoyed much success in the enthusiast motherboard market over the past year, which is mainly due to the fact that they continually release quality products that cater for the hardware enthusiast and overclocker - often in the form of extra features, an excellent layout and/or a plethora of BIOS adjustments through their famed "SoftMenu".
How does the i845E equipped BD7II-RAID compare to its predecessor, the i845D chipset, and more importantly, its competitors? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 3 [Package, Features & Layout]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter