With the recent release of Intel's 533MHz bus Pentium 4 processor, there was a sudden need for a motherboard chipset to officially support the increase in FSB speed. The end result was the i845E and i845G chipsets - Both of which are essentially identical to their predecessor, the i845D, however, they both include official support for 533MHz bus processors and in the case of the i845G, integrated graphics as well.
In our original i845G review, we concluded that performance was greatly held back by lack of DDR333 support and the integrated graphics did not perform to our expectations. However, to this point not much has been published on TweakTown regarding the i845E. We have just recently managed to obtain our first retail i845E review sample, in the form of the Abit BD7II-RAID. Abit have enjoyed much success in the enthusiast motherboard market over the past year, which is mainly due to the fact that they continually release quality products that cater for the hardware enthusiast and overclocker - often in the form of extra features, an excellent layout and/or a plethora of BIOS adjustments through their famed "SoftMenu".
How does the i845E equipped BD7II-RAID compare to its predecessor, the i845D chipset, and more importantly, its competitors? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 3 [Package, Features & Layout]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit BD7II-RAID - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club