The SiS Reference card
Before we get into the benchmarks, I would first like to show you what SiS uses for their reference cards. The card's layout and looks is something I would be proud of for a retail card, let alone a reference. SiS has added a funky purple heatsink for the core and memory to keep it all cool and running nicely.
Heatsink and Xabre GPU
From here we get a closer look at the heatsink that is supplied and the actual core. Our camera hates those mirror based core (as you can see from the photo above) and just flashes off the mirror but you get the idea, its a Xabre GPU.
SiS have decided to use Hynix (formerly Hyundai) 3.3ns memory modules running at 250Mhz DDR (500Mhz effective rate). While SiS have cooling for the memory chips on the front of the card, the back chips have been left bare.
SiS 301 Controller chip
As we mentioned earlier, all the external functions (such as LDVI, TV Out and Dual Monitor support) are handled by the SiS 301 chip. This chip is surprisingly very small for such a big work load it performs but we are happy to report that this chip handles the job very well. While TV output quality isn't up to ATI's high standards, the TV output quality beats the nVidia cards which use Conexant chips and runs equal with the Silicon Magic encoder chips making the Xabre a excellent choice for TV users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset