Looking at the box, there isn't anything that we haven't really seen before from Galaxy. We've got a pretty black design that has a picture of a spider and its web taking up one corner of the box and just next to this picture, we can see that there's an overclocked sticker.
On the other side of the box, we have the Galaxy logo sitting at the top and below that we have the model, in this case it's the GTX 295. Below that we can see mention that the video card comes with 1792MB of GDDR3 memory on an 896-bit (dual 448-bit) memory bus. It's a bit disappointing to not know what the clocks are, so often we see companies bump up the memory 50MHz DDR and the core 10MHz and slap on an overclocked sticker. We have faith that Galaxy hasn't done this to us, though.
Turning the box over, we have a bit more detail on what exactly the GTX 200 series of video cards can offer us. We also have a run down on what's needed for TRI-SLI - of course that isn't an option with this product, it seems that Galaxy uses a pretty standard box backing for its GTX 200 series of cards.
As far as box contents go there isn't a whole lot to get excited about, in the paperwork department we have a user manual and quick start guide, alongside these we also have a driver CD.
The cable department isn't much more exciting with a dual molex to 6-pin connector, SPIDF loopback cable, DVI to VGA connector and DVI to HDMI connector all being included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.