There's almost nothing that you cannot love about this amazing video card. Let's get the elephant in the room taken care of though - it's going to set you back in excess of $500 USD. There's no nice way of looking at the price, the bottom line is it isn't cheap. With that said though, if you want power, you're going to have to pay for it.
Galaxy has done a good job with its GTX 295 OC video. It's good to see that the company has done more than just re-released the GeForce GTX 295 in its new single PCB design. They've decided to ramp up the core, shader and memory clocks. The good news is that they haven't just decided to give a small bump that isn't really all that significant; they've really given us a good bump in clocks that result in real and tangible performance gains.
Sure the bundle is a bit lacking considering the price, but once you have the GTX 295 OC from Galaxy in your system with the drivers installed, you're not even going to be thinking about what the bundle did or didn't come with when you are busy fragging in quality frames.
The only other problem with the GTX 295 is the availability. At the moment most companies are reporting that there is a shortage, this isn't a fault of Galaxy or any other manufacturer, it more so has to do with NVIDIA. If you really want one you shouldn't have any real drama tracking one down, just make sure that if you do decide to buy a GTX 295 now it's one of the new single PCB types and not the older dual PCB versions.
Not everything about the Galaxy GTX 295 OC product is perfect; it's not all that uncommon either when you talk about spending this kind of money on a product. For the price, you expect to have a big impressive bundle. But the bottom line is once you have the video card in your system, and you are playing those games at 1920 x 1200 and 2560 x 1600 at some ultra smooth FPS, you're going to love every dollar you spent and you'll see where the money went.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4