We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD-ROM or many cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
This is where things get interesting. Despite an extra core on the Atom 330 processor it still manages to keep right up with the Atom 230 in saving power. Both platforms aren't that far off the Nano processor platform.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboards, this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Here we see that the Atom 330 actually generates only an extra couple of degrees of heat compared to the 230 Atom, but both fall behind the VIA Nano which is even able to run without a heatsink for quite some time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio