The Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case
After removing the foam and plastic liner, there is yet another layer protecting the brushed aluminum front panel. Once all that is removed you are greeted with this super sleek looking front panel. The power button and HDD activity sits next to a closeable front I/O panel above five removable optical drive plates. The door below is where the hot swappable hard drive access is.
With the door open, you can see the four trays provided to allow you to hot swap any 3.5"SATA hard drive. With a gentle push of the tab on the left a bar releases and allows the tray to slide out. Also, the door itself, by pulling a pin at the top is reversible to open from whichever side is more convenient.
With a simple push on the dots on the face of this panel, the door opens and drops out of the way. In here is not only the typical USB 2.0, mic, audio and IEEE 1394 connections, but Corsair also hides the reset button in here.
As I mentioned, the left side of this chassis does have a rather large viewing window. The door itself is steel and painted in the same textured, black paint as the rest of the body. (The window looks "milky" due to an extra layer of protection I had yet to remove on the inside.)
There are a lot of things to cover in the rear of the Obsidian, so pay close attention. At the top there are two push buttons that release the door panels on either side. These buttons flank a good sized vented area just above two water cooling grommets. To the far left is a long vent that allows for airflow behind the motherboard tray from the 140mm fan that also cools the hard drives; more on that soon. Then there is the rear I/O area next to the rear 140mm exhaust fan. These are above a 7+1 expansion slot setup that will allow for Tri-SLI setups, since the extra bit of venting at the bottom allows for the dual slot cooler to still blow outside the case. Last but not least is the large hole at the bottom for the power supply unit.
The top of the 800D isn't just some flat piece of stamped steel. Corsair knows what buyers want and utilized this area to allow for a triple 120mm radiator. You will see in a bit, they even left ample room inside for the thickest radiator choices. If you don't plan to water cool your build, you could also place three 120mm fans here to improve the airflow.
The bottom of the Corsair chassis also has features worth noting. The three piece foot design is very sturdy and stable, and have rubber pads applied to keep it in place on a glass surface, or not to scratch the wood ones. The intake vents in the floor for the power supply to draw from has a slide out dust cover that is washable for easy maintenance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club