Corsair has been around a lot longer than my time in the PC buying market. Ever since my first set of DDR value ram, I knew they were a quality company. The noobish mistakes I made with voltage and timings should have killed that PC3200, but it faired very well through all the abuse I gave it. Of course Corsair designs and builds other things aside from memory. They are also a leader in recommended power supplies to new builders. This all comes down to word of mouth, or word of test rather, recommendations from current users of their quality products.
For a long time Corsair has been able to sit on the sidelines and ponder ideas, as well as seeing others fail and succeed with what innovations have already been placed into chassis design. Taking this giant step onto the scene with their first chassis design, Corsair had already set the quality bar pretty high with many of their other products, so they wanted to make sure this carries on to all pieces of their product line.
Since CES 09 we have been seeing videos and leaked images, as well as a couple reviews, all of which looked gorgeous to me personally. I already have high expectations of the multi-compartment cooling zones, and the superb wire management options I have seen. All black cases hold a special place in my heart already, but I am looking at this chassis through my own eyes this time and get a real chance to see what all the hype is about. Today we got a good look at the Obsidian 800D full tower chassis from Corsair, which they were nice enough to send along a little early. Let's sift through the specs and get down to the basics and see if Corsair passes all the tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects
- Paragon PlayStation 4 test allows for PC cross-play functionality
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works with Sony at the helm
- North Korean Satellite tumbling out of control, not even functional
- DriveClub update brings hardcore handling to let you crash easier
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance