Corsair has been around a lot longer than my time in the PC buying market. Ever since my first set of DDR value ram, I knew they were a quality company. The noobish mistakes I made with voltage and timings should have killed that PC3200, but it faired very well through all the abuse I gave it. Of course Corsair designs and builds other things aside from memory. They are also a leader in recommended power supplies to new builders. This all comes down to word of mouth, or word of test rather, recommendations from current users of their quality products.
For a long time Corsair has been able to sit on the sidelines and ponder ideas, as well as seeing others fail and succeed with what innovations have already been placed into chassis design. Taking this giant step onto the scene with their first chassis design, Corsair had already set the quality bar pretty high with many of their other products, so they wanted to make sure this carries on to all pieces of their product line.
Since CES 09 we have been seeing videos and leaked images, as well as a couple reviews, all of which looked gorgeous to me personally. I already have high expectations of the multi-compartment cooling zones, and the superb wire management options I have seen. All black cases hold a special place in my heart already, but I am looking at this chassis through my own eyes this time and get a real chance to see what all the hype is about. Today we got a good look at the Obsidian 800D full tower chassis from Corsair, which they were nice enough to send along a little early. Let's sift through the specs and get down to the basics and see if Corsair passes all the tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD