Having a look at the card itself, it's clear that MSI have really mixed it up. We've got a cooler that carries with it two fans and a really nice aluminum face that not only looks great, but feels of great quality as well.
If we look carefully we can see the heat pipes that come out the bottom of the cooler and work through a number of heatsinks that are also seen behind the fans. As fancy as the cooler looks, though, it will be interesting to see what kind of performance it offers. Before we find out the numbers, though, let's have a closer look at the card.
Looking around the card, there isn't anything too out of the ordinary. At the back of the card we have two 6-pin PCI-E connectors along with a little white one that's used in conjunction with the S/PDIF loopback cable to get sound through the HDMI port. Closer to the front of the card we have two SLI connectors which gives us the ability to run up to three of these cards together.
In the I/O department we can see that the company has mixed it up a bit. Across the top we have the MSI logo which looks pretty cool, while below that we have a standard Dual-Link DVI connector. We also see there is a VGA port to the right and a native HDMI port to the left.
As we've already mentioned, MSI has taken the time to overclock the card out of the box. And if you're not interested in hooking up the touch panel, you'll be glad to know that you'll still get some decent MHz out of the card.
We can see that the core has been bumped to 655MHz from the stock 576MHz. This has in turn bumped the shader up to 1404MHz from the stock 1242MHz. The 1792MB of GDDR3 memory which is double the standard amount has been left at 1998MHz. If you hit the game mode on the AirForce panel, clocks start heading north with the core jumping to 680MHz and the memory to 2100MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller