Having a look at the box, we can see that the majority of it is taken up by a picture of an aircraft that has lightning shooting down in the back ground. Across the top we have the MSI and NVIDIA logo along with "Military Class" highest standard logo which is something new we're seeing from MSI.
Across the bottom we can see that the card is the GTX 260 and carries with it the new Lightning tag that we mentioned in the intro. Below that we can also see some of the main features which includes 1792MB of memory and again we have mention of Military Class.
Turning the box over, we're got a load of information. Apart from a picture of the card and the model we have some information on all the features that are on offer and how they benefit you. How all these features work when it comes to performance, however, will be interesting. Hopefully they're additions that will benefit the overall performance of the card.
Before we move inside the package, I thought that the box should be shown. From the word go the MSI GTX 260 Lightning is a classy looking product; we've got a nice little design going on where the card and AirForce Panel sit on top while the bottom slides out and carries the paperwork, cables and CD.
In the paperwork department we have the standard quick user guides that we see from most companies. Also included is the AirForce Panel manual. While not something we've spoken about yet, we'll have a closer look at the addition in just a moment. We also have a CD which includes a driver, but more importantly the software that is needed to get the AirForce Panel up and running.
In the cable department we've got a DVI to VGA and HDMI to DVI connector. On the far right we have an S/PDIF loopback cable that lets you get sound through the HDMI port. In the middle we have another two cables; one's a USB and the others an internal proprietory one for the AirForce Panel.
With the AirForce Panel already mentioned a few times, we can see exactly what's going on here now. The device is a touch panel that lets you adjust the speed of your card, be it the core, memory or shader individually, or using the presets. If you want to get full use of the card you'll have to use it.
Thankfully setup is a breeze, but if you don't have room for the device or simply don't like it, you'll be glad to know that you still get a bump in clocks without it. We'll have a closer look at those clocks in just a moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand