The first thing we have to talk about is the AirForce Panel. Honestly, as cool as the idea is, the bottom line is that it's a pain in the ass. The ability to adjust things are a bit sensitive. Sometimes you really need to give it a good push to register. The other thing about the device is the LEDs. It's so bright that anyone with the computer in their room is going to find it really annoying.
With that said, though, it really is only one opinion. Devices like this aren't for everyone. I'm standing in the disapproval area, but other people are going to love the device with its ability to adjust clocks on the fly. Then there's the group of people who have an odd obsession for LEDs. While not for me, there's no doubt there are people out there who are going to love not only how the AirForce Panel looks, but what it does.
On to the card itself, clocks are good out of the box. If you want even more power, though, you're going to have to install the AirForce Panel. It was a bit sad to see that the temperatures on the card weren't that much better to the stock GTX 285, but we found ourselves pleasantly surprised when it came to noise levels which were significantly better than both the other cards we have here.
It's nice to see MSI step outside the box. It takes courage to mix it up and we're glad the company has decided to do so. The good news is if you take away the AirForce Panel, you still have a great card on your hands.
What it ultimately comes down to, however, is performance. And compared to the GTX 275 it's able to offer some serious power. At 284.99 U.S. Dollars, however, you're in GTX 275 territory. You're going to have to decide if you want something a bit older that packs a pretty good package and cooler, or simply want to jump to a GTX 275 that misses out on the bells and whistles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog