The TPE-80WS is an extremely capable switch. There are advanced functions that you would not normally expect from a PoE switch. I found that it fit into my existing high-bandwidth network quite nicely. In fact, I allowed it to be the root bridge for the RSTP setup. The PoE support is outstanding and is very simple to use since it auto detects the power draw from any PoE device connected.
The WebSmart UI is also nicely laid out and provides configuration for all of the features in intuitive screens. TRENDnet also separated the status pages from the settings pages to allow for easy monitoring without the need to view the existing settings options.
Breaking out 802.3ad link aggregation from the standard trunking page is also a nice touch. Many devices might support trunking, but not the full 820.3ad protocol and vice versa. With the TPE-80WS you can enable the proper link aggregation support for each of your devices. This is something that not even the TEG-240WS can do as it only supports trunking. IGMP, Broadcast Storm and SNMP support round out this excellent product.
In all, as an IT Manager I would consider the TPE-80WS a bargain at $250.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017