The TRENDnet TPE-80WS is a small switch, relatively speaking. The front looks a little chaotic, but once you become familiar with everything you can tell the status at a glance.
On the left side of the front face we find a single 9-pin Serial port for a terminal connection. This is really used very little with the WebSmart UI, but is handy if you are unable to access the UI. Next to this is a three-digit LED display; this display has multiple functions. In normal mode it shows the available power remaining on the switch. With no PoE devices attached it will read 120. In PoE Status mode it will show the status of a single port. You can move between ports with the small button labelled "Next Port".
Switching between modes is accomplished by a two position button just to the right of the display.
To the right of the mode button are a series of LEDs. These display link and PoE status at a glance. Between these and the RJ-45 ports is a small indented switch that allows for a default reset of the TPE-80WS.
On the right hand side of the face we find the eight ports available on the TPE-80WS. Each of these is PoE enabled and can support up to 15.4 Volts of PoE power to a single device. Each is also a full 10/100/1000MB Auto-MDX port.
The back is plain and boring. The only part that is of any interest to a normal user is the power outlet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon GO's new update has some huge fixes and improvements
- DriveClub VR is reportedly launching alongside PlayStation VR headset
- Samsung Gear VR is used by over 1 million users per month
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio