The G520 has a maximum resolution of 2048x1536@60Hz. At that resolution it performed admirably, but even at 21" the desktop was too small. Running at lower resolutions results in a more usable image and also much higher refresh rates. 1600x1200 runs at 85Hz without any problems. As I mentioned earlier, I found the image to be a little on the dark side (no Star Wars reference intended) compared to monitors I normally use, but this is probably just a personal thing.
Anyone looking for a good workstation level monitor will be happy with the G520. The sheer weight and size of this screen makes moving it a chore, so I probably wouldn't suggest getting this monitor if you are planning on taking it to lots of LAN parties... unless you really want to impress your fellow gamers with a sexy screen, in which case you'll be very happy with it.
Large screen size
High screen resolutions and refresh rates
USB hub built in
Big and heavy
Auto-Size screen adjust doesn't work well
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Google announces it will stop displaying Flash ads as of Jan 2, 2017
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance