The G520 has a maximum resolution of 2048x1536@60Hz. At that resolution it performed admirably, but even at 21" the desktop was too small. Running at lower resolutions results in a more usable image and also much higher refresh rates. 1600x1200 runs at 85Hz without any problems. As I mentioned earlier, I found the image to be a little on the dark side (no Star Wars reference intended) compared to monitors I normally use, but this is probably just a personal thing.
Anyone looking for a good workstation level monitor will be happy with the G520. The sheer weight and size of this screen makes moving it a chore, so I probably wouldn't suggest getting this monitor if you are planning on taking it to lots of LAN parties... unless you really want to impress your fellow gamers with a sexy screen, in which case you'll be very happy with it.
Large screen size
High screen resolutions and refresh rates
USB hub built in
Big and heavy
Auto-Size screen adjust doesn't work well
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017