The G520 has a maximum resolution of 2048x1536@60Hz. At that resolution it performed admirably, but even at 21" the desktop was too small. Running at lower resolutions results in a more usable image and also much higher refresh rates. 1600x1200 runs at 85Hz without any problems. As I mentioned earlier, I found the image to be a little on the dark side (no Star Wars reference intended) compared to monitors I normally use, but this is probably just a personal thing.
Anyone looking for a good workstation level monitor will be happy with the G520. The sheer weight and size of this screen makes moving it a chore, so I probably wouldn't suggest getting this monitor if you are planning on taking it to lots of LAN parties... unless you really want to impress your fellow gamers with a sexy screen, in which case you'll be very happy with it.
Large screen size
High screen resolutions and refresh rates
USB hub built in
Big and heavy
Auto-Size screen adjust doesn't work well
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080