In a burnt-out department store in Tokyo in 1946, just after World War II, Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita running a company known at the time as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering) attempted to produce a simple electric rice cooker. It didn't work too well, but so began their desire to produce products for everyday life. In 1958 the company name was changed to Sony Corporation and since that time Sony has become one of the most recognized brand names in the history of the modern world.
Sony - derived from the Latin word sonus, which means sound, coupled with the English term 'sonny' referring to young boys of the 1950s - was chosen because it was simple, easy to read and could be pronounced in any language. The Sony Corporation now spans a range of industries including audio visual electronics, information technology, broadcast, telecommunications, entertainment, satellite broadcasting and even insurance and finance. Sony has long been at the forefront of monitor technology with their original Trinitron tube design starting out way back in 1973. More recently, the FD-Trinitron has been on the top of many a person's wish list for their PC. Today we take a look at Sony's flagship monitor, the 21" CPDG520 FD-Trinitron display.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- Titanfall devs working on Star Wars third-person adventure game
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth, Hardline Robbery DLC temporarily free
- Left 4 Dead, Evolve devs working on a new unannounced IP
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience