In a burnt-out department store in Tokyo in 1946, just after World War II, Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita running a company known at the time as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering) attempted to produce a simple electric rice cooker. It didn't work too well, but so began their desire to produce products for everyday life. In 1958 the company name was changed to Sony Corporation and since that time Sony has become one of the most recognized brand names in the history of the modern world.
Sony - derived from the Latin word sonus, which means sound, coupled with the English term 'sonny' referring to young boys of the 1950s - was chosen because it was simple, easy to read and could be pronounced in any language. The Sony Corporation now spans a range of industries including audio visual electronics, information technology, broadcast, telecommunications, entertainment, satellite broadcasting and even insurance and finance. Sony has long been at the forefront of monitor technology with their original Trinitron tube design starting out way back in 1973. More recently, the FD-Trinitron has been on the top of many a person's wish list for their PC. Today we take a look at Sony's flagship monitor, the 21" CPDG520 FD-Trinitron display.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017