The Vuzix AV310 Widescreen is an interesting idea. It brings back the idea of stereoscopic viewing and does a fairly good job of implementing this in a small and light device. Where things fall apart is in the seemingly rickety construction, awkward styling and uncomfortable fit of this device. The misleading marketing will also lead to many disappointments, as wearing these is nothing like watching a 52-inch 16:9 wide screen from nine feet.
Some users may also end up with slight headaches due to the need to focus on the display at such a short throw range. The need to remove your iPhone from certain cases to use the Vuzix AV310 Widescreen was also a big annoyance, as was the amount of light that gets in around the sides. Vuzix does have an optional accessory for this, but at an MSRP of 249.99 U.S. Dollars for the headset, paying another $15 for something that should be included is a little much.
In all, the Vuzix AV310 is not really worth the $249.99 you would have to pay to get this. It cannot replace a computer monitor for gaming and it does not do a great job for console gaming either (although it is kind of fun). This leaves the single use of video from a PMP. If that is its sole function then we cannot justify the high price tag. When you add in the extra hassles of intruding light, awkward feel when wearing and a rickety feel to the product, it only serves to make this more apparent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY