The Vuzix AV310 Widescreen is an interesting idea. It brings back the idea of stereoscopic viewing and does a fairly good job of implementing this in a small and light device. Where things fall apart is in the seemingly rickety construction, awkward styling and uncomfortable fit of this device. The misleading marketing will also lead to many disappointments, as wearing these is nothing like watching a 52-inch 16:9 wide screen from nine feet.
Some users may also end up with slight headaches due to the need to focus on the display at such a short throw range. The need to remove your iPhone from certain cases to use the Vuzix AV310 Widescreen was also a big annoyance, as was the amount of light that gets in around the sides. Vuzix does have an optional accessory for this, but at an MSRP of 249.99 U.S. Dollars for the headset, paying another $15 for something that should be included is a little much.
In all, the Vuzix AV310 is not really worth the $249.99 you would have to pay to get this. It cannot replace a computer monitor for gaming and it does not do a great job for console gaming either (although it is kind of fun). This leaves the single use of video from a PMP. If that is its sole function then we cannot justify the high price tag. When you add in the extra hassles of intruding light, awkward feel when wearing and a rickety feel to the product, it only serves to make this more apparent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now