The Vuzix AV310 iWear comes in a decent looking box. I can say that my first thought on seeing it was that they'd gotten Zachary Quinto (who plays Sylar on Heroes) to model the glasses. But this quickly passed and I started looking at what the box was actually trying to tell me.
Looking at the box, it would appear to claim that the AV310 simulates the experience of viewing your video content on a 52-inch 16:9 monitor. That is quite a claim to be honest and one that I fully intended to verify.
Moving around to the back of the box, we find a decent amount of "hard sell" and actually useful information. There is also a nice image of the "loot" contained inside.
Upon opening the box, we find the Vuzix AV310 lying exposed right under the lid. Now, normally I would not cover the position of where the hardware is, but this seems a little dangerous to me. The card board of the box is not the most secure and I could see these being easily damaged in shipping. Vuzix should consider a more secure form of packaging.
Once we got over the shock of having the AV310s exposed to potential damage, we were pleasantly surprised with the amount of accessories that Vuzix has put in.
Besides the AV310 glasses there are two adapters, one for an iPod/iPhone and one for RCA input. This allows for a wide variety of input choices and the only one missing was for a standard PC, a VGA + 1/8-inch audio plug would have been nice.
Other items include one neck strap, one soft cloth bag, an instruction manual and an AA battery. There is also a note explaining that Vuzix is no longer providing an optional nose piece.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications