AMD's strategy to keep their processors alive by undercutting the competition in the price market and making it up on volume is still working well for them. So far AMD Phenom II has already been accepted as the alternative to a high priced quad core for Intel. I mean, who can afford over $400 AUD for a processor alone? Not me, and AMD's design really keeps things competitive. For 249 USD from Newegg you can have the fastest AMD processor currently available. Clocked at 3.4GHz and supporting your current DDR2 platforms, why wouldn't anyone want one as the perfect bridge product?
It has taken AMD some time to finally get their act into the 45nm range, holding onto its 65nm longer than it should. AMD crippled itself at the beginning of the Phenom Line with clock speeds below 3GHz really hurting things on the marketing front, especially with Core 2 breaking 3GHz easily. AMD really needed its 45nm processor and its already showing the advantages.
The 965 shows that AMD is still able to get good speed bins out of its 45nm technology and hopefully soon we will see some more speed out of it which will make AMD even more attractive to end users. Coming in at 249 USD for a 3.4GHz clocked quad core CPU retail packed with heatsink and fan, it's certainly got our thumbs up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni