AMD's strategy to keep their processors alive by undercutting the competition in the price market and making it up on volume is still working well for them. So far AMD Phenom II has already been accepted as the alternative to a high priced quad core for Intel. I mean, who can afford over $400 AUD for a processor alone? Not me, and AMD's design really keeps things competitive. For 249 USD from Newegg you can have the fastest AMD processor currently available. Clocked at 3.4GHz and supporting your current DDR2 platforms, why wouldn't anyone want one as the perfect bridge product?
It has taken AMD some time to finally get their act into the 45nm range, holding onto its 65nm longer than it should. AMD crippled itself at the beginning of the Phenom Line with clock speeds below 3GHz really hurting things on the marketing front, especially with Core 2 breaking 3GHz easily. AMD really needed its 45nm processor and its already showing the advantages.
The 965 shows that AMD is still able to get good speed bins out of its 45nm technology and hopefully soon we will see some more speed out of it which will make AMD even more attractive to end users. Coming in at 249 USD for a 3.4GHz clocked quad core CPU retail packed with heatsink and fan, it's certainly got our thumbs up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI demanded Scandinavian countries extradite Snowden if he visited
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20