The Build and Finished Product
Grabbing a pair of the screw-less hard drive rails, I pushed the pins in place and slid the drive into the floor bracket, hard drive rack. The drive can only be installed one way and that is with the connections facing away from the motherboard.
Fast forward a bit and I have most of the major components installed and the chassis wiring in place. The cooler for the CPU will accept a fan to aid in cooling, but due to the configuration of this chassis, there just isn't any room. It will cool slightly passively, but the PSU fan will draw heat off of it, which you will see. Oh, and yes, that is a GTX 280 in there. With the right motherboard I could have even installed two of them for SLI or Crossfire horsepower.
Once the bracket and the PSU are installed, visibility of anything inside is brought right down to almost no visibility at all. The PSU is installed fan in, which will draw the flow from the intake through the chassis. The bracket at the bottom not only supports the PSU, but does allow for a floppy drive to be installed on the flip side, too.
One last look at the business end before I go to power it up and see if the cooling in this SFF is good enough to house this "heater" I have put together with an E6400 B3 and a GTX 280.
Looking at the front, we are almost ready, but I forgot to do one thing
With the SG04 you have the option to stealth the optical drive. Placing the rounded drive cover on with the 3M foam tape delivers a clean and smooth finished look.
Powering up the SG04B, the only light visible is this single LED. While the chassis has connections for Power LED and HDD activity, they both show up in this LED. While the hard drive is active the LED is violet, and when the PC is idle and ready to go the LED stays a constant blue. This is a simple, yet brilliant idea to let you know the status of your PC without gaudy lighting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20