Kingston already has two of the very best solid state drive series on the market from their partnership with Intel. The E and M Series have proven themselves time and time again as the best all around solid state drives on the market. So far it doesn't matter what the competitors have thrown together, the Intel controllers found in the E and M Series have been able to prevail in nearly all real world tests.
Kingston has another drive in their stable. This one isn't about blazing performance or high capacity. The Kinston SSDNow V Series is all about affordability and accessibility; just think of the V as Value. Unlike the E (Enterprise) and M (Mainstream) SSDNow Series drives, the V class uses an updated JMicron controller with 64K cache. Don't be turned off by the name so fast, the problematic JMicron controller only used 16K of cache so the issues of the past shouldn't apply here, but we will test to verify.
Since the SSDNow V Series is all about value, we have to talk about the cost in the introduction. Just how low has Kingston been able to take this new line of products? The 64GB model that we are testing here today is currently available at Newegg for 133.99 USD. Of course, 64GB doesn't give us a whole lot of capacity to play around with, so we will talk about the larger drives as well on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent