All the hype that precedes the Prolimatech Megahalems is spot on in my opinion. What else is there to ask for when looking for your next CPU air cooler? Does it keep the T.E.C.C. cool? Yes it does and it does it well. Is it an attractive addition to your rig? I think so. The Megahalems is going in mine. Is it worth the asking price? Considering I have used the Thor's Hammer and the Baram and sold both in the pursuit of better air cooling. Guess what? I found it.
Issues with the Megahalems are nil. I can't find one fault in all the aspects of its testing. Mounting is super easy; an absolute breeze. Choose a back plate and set it behind the motherboard and add four screws. Set the support bars in place and set four thumbscrews. Lastly, lock in the cross bar and screw in two more thumbscrews to secure the Megahalems in place. Prolimatech suggests when applying TIM to coat both the base of the cooler and the CPU with a thin even layer. In my testing this method did produce the best results. Then just apply your fan of choice with the simple to use, but very secure fan clips. Plug in the fan and enjoy the nice temperatures.
As equipped, the Megahalems from Prolimatech is going to run about $60 plus shipping from CrazyPC.com. I think Prolimatech is onto something big and I can't wait to see what is next. Until that day arrives, you need to seriously consider Prolimatech's Megahalems for your cooling solution. In single fan testing it ranks in the top with the best of what I have tested and there is more potential, depending on fan choice or how many. Either way you look at it, there isn't really a better air cooling solution to squeeze out every last megahertz you can muster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20