Accessories and Documentation
Mounting hardware shipped with the Megahalems is pretty beefy. There are the usual suspects as far as the LGA775 and Core i7 back plates, found on the far left and right respectively. In the middle are three lengths of aluminium. The two outer ones are to mount the motherboard to either back plate, while the centre one is the cross bar I referred to earlier that locks into the top of the base and mounts on top of the other two.
Aside from the mounting bits, these are included as well. There are the two wire fan clips at the back surrounding the syringe of included Prolimatech thermal compound. In the front, to either side are the four thumbscrews used to mount the bars to the back plates, effectively clamping them onto your motherboard. Next, four screws you see top the thumbscrews and secure the mounting hardware into position. Once that is done, use the spring loaded screws to mount the locking cross bar to the already mounted bits.
The included foldout pamphlet has an image of the cooler and all the included parts. Prolimatech also includes a parts checklist with a description of each piece of hardware.
The flip side of the instruction sheet shows a very basic step by step on how to apply the cooler. Don't worry, as there are much better instructions on Prolimatech's site if you get stuck.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's US-Japan 'FASTER Cable System' online, with 60Tbps bandwidth
- GeForce Experience beta features new interface, ShadowPlay upgrades
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card