Accessories and Documentation
Mounting hardware shipped with the Megahalems is pretty beefy. There are the usual suspects as far as the LGA775 and Core i7 back plates, found on the far left and right respectively. In the middle are three lengths of aluminium. The two outer ones are to mount the motherboard to either back plate, while the centre one is the cross bar I referred to earlier that locks into the top of the base and mounts on top of the other two.
Aside from the mounting bits, these are included as well. There are the two wire fan clips at the back surrounding the syringe of included Prolimatech thermal compound. In the front, to either side are the four thumbscrews used to mount the bars to the back plates, effectively clamping them onto your motherboard. Next, four screws you see top the thumbscrews and secure the mounting hardware into position. Once that is done, use the spring loaded screws to mount the locking cross bar to the already mounted bits.
The included foldout pamphlet has an image of the cooler and all the included parts. Prolimatech also includes a parts checklist with a description of each piece of hardware.
The flip side of the instruction sheet shows a very basic step by step on how to apply the cooler. Don't worry, as there are much better instructions on Prolimatech's site if you get stuck.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20