I finally got my hands on the "cooler heard 'round the web". I have seen nothing but praises from reviewers and owners already. This time I get to see for myself what all the hype is about and put this sample through its paces just like the rest and see how it stands up to our T.E.C.C.
The cooler I received to our labs for testing is the Megahalems from Prolimatech. Prolimatech hasn't been in the cooler market long, but in that short time have created quite a hype and presence. This sample, however, did not come directly from Prolimatech, unlike most of our samples which come directly from the manufacturer. This time I'd like to give a big thanks to CrazyPC for donating the Megahalems and a Scythe fan for our testing.
I mentioned that CrazyPC had also shipped a Scythe fan along with the Megahalems. For those who aren't aware, as with a few other premium coolers, the Megahalems also ships fan-less. They do have recommendations both on their packaging and on their web site. In most circumstances this isn't an issue, even if you overlook this on purchase. Prolimatech says that 57 CFM worth of flow is sufficient to keep the Megahalems doing its thing. I think it's time to get some images and strap her up to the T.E.C.C. and see for myself if all the hype preceding the Megahalems is worth it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Windows 10 Anniversary Update release date leaked
- Doom update makes it feel more like the original
- Overwatch Competitive Mode launching today
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- Get a killer domain name for your tech business
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines