I finally got my hands on the "cooler heard 'round the web". I have seen nothing but praises from reviewers and owners already. This time I get to see for myself what all the hype is about and put this sample through its paces just like the rest and see how it stands up to our T.E.C.C.
The cooler I received to our labs for testing is the Megahalems from Prolimatech. Prolimatech hasn't been in the cooler market long, but in that short time have created quite a hype and presence. This sample, however, did not come directly from Prolimatech, unlike most of our samples which come directly from the manufacturer. This time I'd like to give a big thanks to CrazyPC for donating the Megahalems and a Scythe fan for our testing.
I mentioned that CrazyPC had also shipped a Scythe fan along with the Megahalems. For those who aren't aware, as with a few other premium coolers, the Megahalems also ships fan-less. They do have recommendations both on their packaging and on their web site. In most circumstances this isn't an issue, even if you overlook this on purchase. Prolimatech says that 57 CFM worth of flow is sufficient to keep the Megahalems doing its thing. I think it's time to get some images and strap her up to the T.E.C.C. and see for myself if all the hype preceding the Megahalems is worth it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup