I finally got my hands on the "cooler heard 'round the web". I have seen nothing but praises from reviewers and owners already. This time I get to see for myself what all the hype is about and put this sample through its paces just like the rest and see how it stands up to our T.E.C.C.
The cooler I received to our labs for testing is the Megahalems from Prolimatech. Prolimatech hasn't been in the cooler market long, but in that short time have created quite a hype and presence. This sample, however, did not come directly from Prolimatech, unlike most of our samples which come directly from the manufacturer. This time I'd like to give a big thanks to CrazyPC for donating the Megahalems and a Scythe fan for our testing.
I mentioned that CrazyPC had also shipped a Scythe fan along with the Megahalems. For those who aren't aware, as with a few other premium coolers, the Megahalems also ships fan-less. They do have recommendations both on their packaging and on their web site. In most circumstances this isn't an issue, even if you overlook this on purchase. Prolimatech says that 57 CFM worth of flow is sufficient to keep the Megahalems doing its thing. I think it's time to get some images and strap her up to the T.E.C.C. and see for myself if all the hype preceding the Megahalems is worth it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available