I am impressed to say the least with GELID's latest submission of GC-Extreme thermal compound. Not only does it beat the GC-2, which I thought was a great compound already, but handles the competition very easily. Considering the "industry standard" to be very similar to the results achieved with AS-5, the GC-Extreme is well above "standard".
Application is made much easier this time around, partly due simply on the viscosity of the GC-Extreme. The supplied spreader can make short work of this task, very easily, and evenly. While I did spread it with my finger and found it very similar to the way MX-2 spreads, I have to say follow the manufacturer instructions and spread this compound before mounting the cooler; you will achieve much better results for the minimal effort needed for this small step.
With the results in, leaving the GC-Extreme proudly atop the podium, we are left with the obvious question. Is it worth the price? I say yes it is! Looking at Newegg and comparing apples to apples, most of the ones listed in the competition are in the $10 price range. Newegg is getting $13.99 currently for the GC-Extreme, plus shipping. With a bit of searching the GC-Extreme can be had considerably cheaper, which makes this easy to use compound that yields great results a "no brainer" to intently ponder when you look to make your next compound purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC game release deals: Shadow Tactics + Arizona Sunshine
- Five budget laptops under $300 deals for Christmas
- PlayStation 4 breaks 50 million sales milestone
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel