I am impressed to say the least with GELID's latest submission of GC-Extreme thermal compound. Not only does it beat the GC-2, which I thought was a great compound already, but handles the competition very easily. Considering the "industry standard" to be very similar to the results achieved with AS-5, the GC-Extreme is well above "standard".
Application is made much easier this time around, partly due simply on the viscosity of the GC-Extreme. The supplied spreader can make short work of this task, very easily, and evenly. While I did spread it with my finger and found it very similar to the way MX-2 spreads, I have to say follow the manufacturer instructions and spread this compound before mounting the cooler; you will achieve much better results for the minimal effort needed for this small step.
With the results in, leaving the GC-Extreme proudly atop the podium, we are left with the obvious question. Is it worth the price? I say yes it is! Looking at Newegg and comparing apples to apples, most of the ones listed in the competition are in the $10 price range. Newegg is getting $13.99 currently for the GC-Extreme, plus shipping. With a bit of searching the GC-Extreme can be had considerably cheaper, which makes this easy to use compound that yields great results a "no brainer" to intently ponder when you look to make your next compound purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club