I am impressed to say the least with GELID's latest submission of GC-Extreme thermal compound. Not only does it beat the GC-2, which I thought was a great compound already, but handles the competition very easily. Considering the "industry standard" to be very similar to the results achieved with AS-5, the GC-Extreme is well above "standard".
Application is made much easier this time around, partly due simply on the viscosity of the GC-Extreme. The supplied spreader can make short work of this task, very easily, and evenly. While I did spread it with my finger and found it very similar to the way MX-2 spreads, I have to say follow the manufacturer instructions and spread this compound before mounting the cooler; you will achieve much better results for the minimal effort needed for this small step.
With the results in, leaving the GC-Extreme proudly atop the podium, we are left with the obvious question. Is it worth the price? I say yes it is! Looking at Newegg and comparing apples to apples, most of the ones listed in the competition are in the $10 price range. Newegg is getting $13.99 currently for the GC-Extreme, plus shipping. With a bit of searching the GC-Extreme can be had considerably cheaper, which makes this easy to use compound that yields great results a "no brainer" to intently ponder when you look to make your next compound purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Nexus 6P and 5X unboxing videos surface
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card