GELID Solution's GC-Extreme Thermal Compound
Putting a glob on my old E6400, the first thing I noticed was the thinner viscosity of the GC-Extreme versus the GC-2. No stiff peak of compound present on the top of this sample when I pulled the syringe away. Let's see how well it spreads.
Unlike the GC-2, the thinner GC-Extreme levels out really well, even with the tip of a finger. I actually spread around the compound that was used for the previous image. I was left with a bit of compound on my finger, as expected, but the GC-Extreme doesn't clump and stick to your finger like the GC-2. To me, that's a plus, as I don't always know where my spreader is when I'm in the middle of a CPU swap or maintenance of a graphics card.
Using the processor as it was in the previous image, I clamped it all into a motherboard to show how well or how poorly the compound covers and spreads. This is the result I got from the finger spread method. You can see it covers really well.
Placing a similar amount in the center of the IHS and strapping down the cooler yields this result. Not exactly what I would call good coverage at all, on either the heatpipes or the IHS.
This is the result from the five dot method, as I used with the GC-2. This time the coverage isn't even as good as the results I got with the GC-2. I highly suggest the GC-Extreme be spread in a thin even layer for best results, and so does GELID. Why else would they send the spreader?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system