As we said in our introduction, the GTS 250 is feeling a bit long in the tooth these days. With that said, though, Inno3D has been able to give a fresh look and feel to the model thanks to the decision to move to a nice meaty cooler while also taking the time to make use of it by overclocking the core and memory.
If this wasn't enough to bring a smile to our face, it's great to see that the company has also decided to include two full version games in the package with one of them being the higher profile Far Cry 2.
For a mid $100 card the GTS 250 packs some serious punch for people wanting to game at resolutions of up to 1680 x 1060 on a regular basis. If you want to do a bit of gaming at 1920 x 1200, though, and don't want to spend big dollars and if you're happy to move to medium settings in your games, the GTS 250 won't have any dramas. If you were going to do a fair bit of gaming at 1920 x 1200 we would suggest the move to a GTX 260+ or perhaps even a GTX 275.
Inno3D has put together a nice fresh card that performs well and offers a really good bundle. When it comes to buying a new graphics card there isn't really much more you could ask for.
If you're looking for a good performing GTS 250 that offers a good bundle and a mean looking cooler, the Inno3D GTS 250 iChill GTS 250 Twin Turbo Pro is a great card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair