As we said in our introduction, the GTS 250 is feeling a bit long in the tooth these days. With that said, though, Inno3D has been able to give a fresh look and feel to the model thanks to the decision to move to a nice meaty cooler while also taking the time to make use of it by overclocking the core and memory.
If this wasn't enough to bring a smile to our face, it's great to see that the company has also decided to include two full version games in the package with one of them being the higher profile Far Cry 2.
For a mid $100 card the GTS 250 packs some serious punch for people wanting to game at resolutions of up to 1680 x 1060 on a regular basis. If you want to do a bit of gaming at 1920 x 1200, though, and don't want to spend big dollars and if you're happy to move to medium settings in your games, the GTS 250 won't have any dramas. If you were going to do a fair bit of gaming at 1920 x 1200 we would suggest the move to a GTX 260+ or perhaps even a GTX 275.
Inno3D has put together a nice fresh card that performs well and offers a really good bundle. When it comes to buying a new graphics card there isn't really much more you could ask for.
If you're looking for a good performing GTS 250 that offers a good bundle and a mean looking cooler, the Inno3D GTS 250 iChill GTS 250 Twin Turbo Pro is a great card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni