Packaging and the Aspire One D250
The first thing you notice about the D250 when you start fiddling about with it is that Acer uses a glossy box that is much fancier than most netbook packages. That is hardly a feature mind you, but it's a nice box nonetheless.
Pry the little netbook out of its box and you get a look at the undeniably attractive little machine. My review unit was blue, but black, red, or white versions are available as well.
This is a shot of the back of the machine. Near the bottom of the shot is the 3-cell battery my test unit came with for a nice and sleek profile. Larger batteries will change the looks of the rear.
This shot shows the right side of the D250 where you find the memory card reader, two USB ports, the power port and the Kensington lock port.
The left side of the machine crams in several things including a heat vent, RJ-45 port, VGA out, USB port and the mic and headphone jacks.
The front edge of the netbook is plain with nothing to see but the power LED and a switch that turns Wi-Fi on and off.
Open the lid and you get a glimpse at the keyboard of the machine, which offers exactly what you expect to find on a quality netbook.
The LED backlit 10.1-inch LCD has a glossy coating and if you read many of my reviews you know I don't care for glossy screens, but the D250's performs well, as we will see later in the review.
The 3-cell battery may be puny and offer less battery life, but if ultimate portability is what you are after the flush mount 3-cell may be the best option for you. Look at the thin profile of the D250 with the battery installed.
On the bottom of the machine there are several heat vents and intakes as well as the covers over the RAM, HDD and expansion slots.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015