You are not going to want to use the Network Media Player as a NAS server due to its poor network performance. The player has just enough bandwidth to stream data but I wouldn't even attempt to use it to store file on to watch on other computers. For comparison a single drive in the new QNAP TS-809 Pro averages around 60 MB/s. I really can't see why Raidsonic didn't make sure the 10/100 Ethernet was a Gigabit connection.
The remote control is the mechanism that gives you control over the Network Media Player and depending on how you look at it the remote could be considered the most important part of the kit. It is certainly important enough to make a benchmark out of its performance.
To name folders on the Network Media Player you have to use the cell phone style letter input system from the remote or attach a USB keyboard. The play, stop and pause buttons are all the same size and it will take you a little while to get use to their location.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The RaidSonic Icy Box IC-MP309HW-B Media Player]
- Page 5 [Test System]
- Page 6 [Setup]
- Page 7 [Menu System]
- Page 8 [Local Content]
- Page 9 [Audio and Video Quality]
- Page 10 [NAS Performance and Remote]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- Aerocool unveils first gaming chair with edge lighting
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017