The FORT 120 from Rosewill is a solid feeling cooler once you get it in your hand. There is very little flex in the fins and this cooler should stand up to the abuses some of us tend to put cooler through. The fan is also solidly held onto the cooler with the simple wire clips. There was no discernable rattle or any vibration at all between the fan and the fins. This and taking into account the ease of the multiple mounting hardware kits, the FORT 120 seems like it should have been a better competitor.
I can't really find any faults with the cooler design. It's solid, mounts well and very secure, even with the AMD latches. The fan is tolerable and the cooler has a nice overall look. All this and a ton of surface area cooled with 99CFM, I would have expected a bit better from this Rosewill sample to be honest, as far as the temperatures are concerned anyway.
Don't get me wrong, the FORT 120 from Rosewill will keep up with most coolers on the list, but I have to take everything into account when rating and evaluating these coolers. With a 49.99 U.S. Dollar asking price at Newegg, Rosewill is sort of pricing themselves out of the buyer's dollar and I feel most buyers will tend to go for the lower priced and better performing coolers we have tested up to this point. I can't blame you; as a consumer I would opt for the best bang for the buck cooler and I just don't think this is it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Rosewill FORT 120 / RCX-SHDT120X1 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse