Accessories and Documentation
The hardware that accompanies the cooler is pretty thorough. There are back plates for both sockets; LGA 775 and i7. The AMD clip uses the stock socket to clamp on to, so no need for a plate there. On the left are the LGA775 mounting "legs" that would replace the pre-applied AMD clip using the same screws. The i7 "legs" on the right they are used in the same fashion. This leaves us with the two additional fan clips, the supplied packet of TIM and the four springs and screws for Intel mounting.
Both Intel plates are backed with a protective plastic on the side that will lay on the motherboard. This will keep it from shorting on any solder points. If you feel the need to, pull the paper cover so that you may apply the back plate directly to the back of the motherboard for easier installation, as it holds the plate in place rather well.
In this sample there were no instructions. For AMD there is no real need for them; you just take the cooler out of the box and clip it in, plug in the fan and boot the PC. With Intel it is a bit more complicated, but with a bit of trial and error I was able to figure it all out pretty quickly. Rosewill does, however, have PDF versions of their instruction available here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Rosewill FORT 120 / RCX-SHDT120X1 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset