Accessories and Documentation
The hardware that accompanies the cooler is pretty thorough. There are back plates for both sockets; LGA 775 and i7. The AMD clip uses the stock socket to clamp on to, so no need for a plate there. On the left are the LGA775 mounting "legs" that would replace the pre-applied AMD clip using the same screws. The i7 "legs" on the right they are used in the same fashion. This leaves us with the two additional fan clips, the supplied packet of TIM and the four springs and screws for Intel mounting.
Both Intel plates are backed with a protective plastic on the side that will lay on the motherboard. This will keep it from shorting on any solder points. If you feel the need to, pull the paper cover so that you may apply the back plate directly to the back of the motherboard for easier installation, as it holds the plate in place rather well.
In this sample there were no instructions. For AMD there is no real need for them; you just take the cooler out of the box and clip it in, plug in the fan and boot the PC. With Intel it is a bit more complicated, but with a bit of trial and error I was able to figure it all out pretty quickly. Rosewill does, however, have PDF versions of their instruction available here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Rosewill FORT 120 / RCX-SHDT120X1 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini