Looking at the card itself, there isn't really much we haven't seen before when it comes to overall design. GIGABYTE, like most companies has opted for the reference cooler which we've seen many a times.
GIGABYTE has of course mixed it up by adding their own sticker to the cooler which lets us know the model and brand, while also telling us that it's part of the Ultra Durable VGA series. We can also see GIGABYTE has placed a sticker on the fan.
Moving around the card, there isn't anything we haven't seen before. Having a closer look at the back of the card, we have two 6-pin PCI Express power connectors and next to these we also have another little white connector which is used in conjunction with the S/PDIF connector so that you can get sound through the HDMI connectivity.
Closer to the front of the card we have our two SLI connectors which gives us the ability to run up to three of these cards together, giving us a whopping 6GB of total graphics card memory.
Looking at the I/O side of things, we can see that GIGABYTE has decided to mix it up a bit when it comes to connectivity. We've got our standard Dual-Link DVI connector and GIGABYTE has also opted to add a VGA connector to the card along with a HDMI one, which is always a nice bonus.
As we mentioned before, there was something going on with the clocks of the 2GB model we've got from GIGABYTE. While the model is an OC one, the clocks on the memory are actually down when compared to a default 1GB model. This is due to the fact that higher density memory modules are needed.
Like the Galaxy model we looked at a while back, the memory clock is slightly down. Stock is 2484MHz DDR, while the GIGABYTE model is 2400MHz DDR. Unlike Galaxy, though, GIGABYTE has tried to combat the lower memory speed by increasing the core clock. We've moved from the stock 648MHz to 660MHz. This has in turn increased the shader clock from 1476MHz to 1505MHz. It's not a huge jump and is hardly enough to really make the model an "OC" one as GIGABYTE name it, but it's an overclock none the less.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.