When Jason at DVNation told me that the new PhotoFast G-Monster V5 was approaching the limits of the SATA 3.0 spec, I really didn't know what to think. PhotoFast has made a big marketing push over the last couple of months and there was a time when it seemed that every other day a new press release hit my inbox. Hitting my email inbox is quite a bit different than hitting my door step and over the years I have pretty much come to the realization that press releases aren't worth much more than the paper they could be printed on. Three days ago my initial thoughts of PhotoFast change. This was the day I finally put one of the companies solid state drives in my test system.
The PhotoFast G-Monster V5 might have a funny name, but don't let it fool you. When this drive is installed the only thing funny is the goofy grin on your face. The drive does approach the limits of the SATA 3.0 spec; it also managed to saturate my aging nForce 3500 workstation SATA controller. This level of performance doesn't come cheap but we will get into the pricing on the next page because the technology involved is way more important to worry about the price just yet.
Inside of the traditional 2.5 inch form factor drive rests two solid state drives attached to an internal RAID controller. Everything fits very snug inside the case and I couldn't even begin to imagine the amount of engineering time involved to make this product possible. Let's take a look at the specifications and see what is inside!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog