Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Cooler Master brings us a chassis with the pursuit of silence behind the thoughts and designing of this case. The Sileo 500, which comes with an all black exterior and the typical coated, exposed steel interior is appealing and roomy for its size. The front of the Sileo gets the special treatment with a brushed aluminum finish atop the plastic bezel. Through the front panel you can use up to five 5.25" drives and Cooler Master has also not left out the space for a floppy drive for all the "old school" BIOS flashers. Inside the chassis there is a rack to house four 3.5" drives.
The Sileo 500 will accept both mATX and full ATX motherboards and has quite a bit of room to house some of the larger coolers on the market. Now, to the pursuit of silence part, Cooler Master uses lower CFM fans with little acoustic emission to allow for good chassis airflow, but still keeps things to a slight hum during operation. Taking it a step further, they have also coated the top and bottom of the inside of the chassis, as well as both door panels with an "egg crate" style, noise absorbing foam. Lastly, the Sileo 500 has the option to come with a Cooler Master 500 watt power supply unit upon purchase, but can also be bought without it.
The Sileo 500 is very easy to find. Taking a quick look at Google Shopping only proves this with over ten pages of shops to find this chassis. Just as there are many, many shops carrying this Sileo 500, both with and without the power supply, the prices are as varied as the stores carrying the case. Getting one of these Cooler Master Sileo 500 cases isn't the quest, getting it for a good deal seems to be the task at hand.
With the little bit of time I spent shopping for the chassis online, I saw the Sileo listed for as low as $55 USD without the PSU included and in excess of $140 USD from a few places that have the version with the power supply. Looking where I buy 95% of my equipment, Newegg, I was able to locate both versions in stock and ready for you to buy now. Let's start with the Sileo 500 by itself; without the power supply it lists for 54.99 plus shipping at Newegg. With the power supply included it lists at $99.99, again plus shipping charges.
That in mind, this is a relatively cheaply priced chassis, considering the time and effort that goes into the design and build of the Sileo 500 over the average $50 mid tower.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog