As we tend to find with all our 2000MHz kits, there's very little wiggle room when it comes to extra MHz. While we could squeeze an extra few MHz out of the Patriot kit, it wasn't anything that would result in any kind of performance increase.
The most important thing for 2000MHz kits is to make sure that they run at their stock clocks, which are already very high. Moving into the BIOS and setting the modules to 2000MHz and the correct timings resulted in the system booting straight away. We couldn't ask for much more and as you can see above they got into Windows Vista with no problems and managed to complete our benchmarks without a single hiccup.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz