As we tend to find with all our 2000MHz kits, there's very little wiggle room when it comes to extra MHz. While we could squeeze an extra few MHz out of the Patriot kit, it wasn't anything that would result in any kind of performance increase.
The most important thing for 2000MHz kits is to make sure that they run at their stock clocks, which are already very high. Moving into the BIOS and setting the modules to 2000MHz and the correct timings resulted in the system booting straight away. We couldn't ask for much more and as you can see above they got into Windows Vista with no problems and managed to complete our benchmarks without a single hiccup.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Sony still planning more 'Ghostbusters' films
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Nintendo Switch affected by Middle East flight ban
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- BIOSTAR GK3 good mech kb for starters?
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter