As we tend to find with all our 2000MHz kits, there's very little wiggle room when it comes to extra MHz. While we could squeeze an extra few MHz out of the Patriot kit, it wasn't anything that would result in any kind of performance increase.
The most important thing for 2000MHz kits is to make sure that they run at their stock clocks, which are already very high. Moving into the BIOS and setting the modules to 2000MHz and the correct timings resulted in the system booting straight away. We couldn't ask for much more and as you can see above they got into Windows Vista with no problems and managed to complete our benchmarks without a single hiccup.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines