One thing we have to mention that we haven't already is the build quality. Slapping two pieces of aluminum onto the side of a memory module isn't enough to stand out from the pack these days. While you can't really see the quality of the kit from pictures, when you pick up the kit and feel it you really notice that G.Skill have made the effort to make a high quality heatsink.
The other big stand out feature of the kit is of course the price. At 149.99 U.S. Dollars over at Newegg, the kit manages to again stand out from the pack and for some people this will be the most important feature G.Skill could offer.
If you want a 2000MHz kit that isn't going to break the bank the G.Skill option we have here today is going to be a good choice. The other bonus, as we've mentioned, is the quality of heatsink the company has opted for.
We've got some good speed, an aggressive price tag and some all round good performance here. If you want the fastest modules on the market you're going to have to spend so much more for what will ultimately be a very little performance gain in real world situations. The G.Skill kit manages to stand out and if you want to spend under $150 then it's one kit that's seriously worth looking at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to launch GeForce GTX 1060 next week, will fight RX 480
- AMD's next-gen 'Naples' processor spotted, features 64 CPU threads
- AMD acquires HiAlgo which works on dynamic resoution scaling, and more
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card