I usually don't start off my final thoughts with an image, but I found this image to be very fitting, with the GELID GC-2 standing tall amongst its competition. GC-2 has been a pleasure to work with for testing, as the results are superior to the others and it is still easy to apply and clean up when needed.
Out of sheer laziness, I have only one small thing that isn't really a complaint as much as it is just odd. Most compounds I have used to date spread averagely well with a naked finger and a bit of spreading it around. With the GC-2 I found it to clump and collect on the end of my finger, leaving just a film on the IHS of the processor. Of course, GELID ships the spreader to alleviate this issue, but I know many others use their fingers to get the job done quickly. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. So take your time with the application and your efforts will be rewarded.
The results stand for themselves. I mean, what else can I say? GELID's GC-2 handled the competition and was ready to keep cooling. With a suggested price of around $7 it puts others tested in their place. Some of our test samples are more expensive and with TIM you don't always get what you pay for. When the TIM you currently own runs dry, I highly suggest you try a tube of GC-2, you won't be disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar 2 specs and pricing leaked
- Samsung introduces new color option for the Galaxy S8+
- Xiaomi Mi 6 finally available outside of China
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller