I usually don't start off my final thoughts with an image, but I found this image to be very fitting, with the GELID GC-2 standing tall amongst its competition. GC-2 has been a pleasure to work with for testing, as the results are superior to the others and it is still easy to apply and clean up when needed.
Out of sheer laziness, I have only one small thing that isn't really a complaint as much as it is just odd. Most compounds I have used to date spread averagely well with a naked finger and a bit of spreading it around. With the GC-2 I found it to clump and collect on the end of my finger, leaving just a film on the IHS of the processor. Of course, GELID ships the spreader to alleviate this issue, but I know many others use their fingers to get the job done quickly. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. So take your time with the application and your efforts will be rewarded.
The results stand for themselves. I mean, what else can I say? GELID's GC-2 handled the competition and was ready to keep cooling. With a suggested price of around $7 it puts others tested in their place. Some of our test samples are more expensive and with TIM you don't always get what you pay for. When the TIM you currently own runs dry, I highly suggest you try a tube of GC-2, you won't be disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft begins Xbox One S deals, includes Gold access
- Windows 10 VR paving way for Project Scorpio VR gaming
- Microsoft announces $299 VR headset for Windows 10
- World of Warcraft Patch 7.1 is now live
- New Surface Studio AiO rocks GTX 980M, 4.5K display
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards