The last time I had the pleasure of dealing with GELID Solutions was when they asked me to have a look at their Silent Spirit CPU cooler back in January. At that time GELID was nice enough to send along a tube of GC-1 along with it. Our testing requires the use of AS-5, the "industry standard" recommended TIM. So with that I was left to test the GC-1 in everyday uses on my main and secondary PC's.
Time goes by and just about every heatsink I removed for maintenance or heatsink replacement eventually got the GC-1 treatment for a few reasons. Once I used it I saw a drop in temperatures over my previous TIM. Second, the paste is non-curing, so there isn't the set-in time required to "wait and see" if it is any better. Last and most important, is the fact it is non-conductive. This keeps accidental mishaps from over application of the compound whereby shorting out may occur if the compound oozes from under the heatsink.
Today GELID ups the bar and introduces GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound. During the production of the compound I was privy to an early sample for pre-release testing. At that point GELID was looking for a statement based on these tests, which was to be shown on the product packaging for the retail version. I am already well aware of the potential of GC-2, but here I am with the retail version, about to spread the knowledge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS