The last time I had the pleasure of dealing with GELID Solutions was when they asked me to have a look at their Silent Spirit CPU cooler back in January. At that time GELID was nice enough to send along a tube of GC-1 along with it. Our testing requires the use of AS-5, the "industry standard" recommended TIM. So with that I was left to test the GC-1 in everyday uses on my main and secondary PC's.
Time goes by and just about every heatsink I removed for maintenance or heatsink replacement eventually got the GC-1 treatment for a few reasons. Once I used it I saw a drop in temperatures over my previous TIM. Second, the paste is non-curing, so there isn't the set-in time required to "wait and see" if it is any better. Last and most important, is the fact it is non-conductive. This keeps accidental mishaps from over application of the compound whereby shorting out may occur if the compound oozes from under the heatsink.
Today GELID ups the bar and introduces GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound. During the production of the compound I was privy to an early sample for pre-release testing. At that point GELID was looking for a statement based on these tests, which was to be shown on the product packaging for the retail version. I am already well aware of the potential of GC-2, but here I am with the retail version, about to spread the knowledge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched