The Patriot G Series PC3-12800 kit does exactly what you want out of a kit of this caliber. For 101.99 U.S. Dollars over at Newegg you're getting 6GB of GDDR3 memory that's going to offer better performance than a stock clock and give you a bit more wiggle room in the overclocking department.
In the synthetic world the extra performance that a 2000MHz kit offers can clearly be seen, but when you're talking about gaming, the stuff that really matters to a lot of people, three times the money hardly get's you three times the performance; it doesn't even get you three FPS extra in many cases.
Lacking extras like fancy cooling, the G Series kit we have here today from Patriot doesn't have the show of other kits, but manages to perform well and best of all it does this at a great price point.
If you find yourself wanting a few more MHz out of the kit, hopefully you don't have any trouble squeezing a 100 odd MHz out of the PC3-12800 kit we have here to get around the 1700MHz mark. While that's not going to do a whole lot for your overall gaming experience, there's nothing wrong with an extra few MHz under the hood.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- Destiny 2 confirmed for PC release
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory