Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case - Continued
As I mentioned, there is a fan at the rear of the top mounted drive bays. Removing the four thumb screws, the finger guard can be released to allow access to clean the fans. With a bit more work on the inside, the cage can be fully removed and the PSU can be mounted here if that is the desired position for your build.
An interior view of the 5.25" bays shows Lian Li added a support between drives two and three. Looking closely at the bottom of these bays, you can see the 3.5" adapter that is pre-installed in the last bay. The wiring in the PC-B70 is tidy, so adding an optical drive in the top bay is no issue, as the wiring is well out of the way.
Once the rear panel is out of the way, we can get a look at where to hide and run the wiring, as well as getting a look on how the tray is held into place with the three screws at the top. The chassis wiring is pre-installed and ran cleanly down the front of the case. The I/O wiring runs down and into the wire managing organizer. There are various sized grooves to accommodate any size need.
To allow for the motherboard tray removal, first you have to unscrew these two thumb screws. Once that has been done, you just need to slide the tray left to allow the top screws to slip through the keyways. It's as simple as lifting it out of the chassis at that point, to allow for the motherboards installation outside the chassis so you can look for fit issues, or even testing new components prior to it all being in the case.
Back to another look at the fully accessible interior of the PC-B70 with the tray removed. There is plenty of room to move around and get your drives and PSU in place ready for the motherboard to be set in later.
Wiring from the front I/O panel is of average length, but are enough to reach where they need to plug in. These consist of an E-SATA, HD and AC'97 audio, two USB 2.0 connectors, and one IEEE 1394 connection.
The PC-B70 also has the standard chassis connections as well. These consist of the system power, system reset, HDD activity LED, and the system power LED connections. Just behind these are the 3-pin connections for the front two, 140mm fans.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build]
- Page 9 [The Build - Continued]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft could be working on next-gen Splinter Cell
- Windows 10 update will use AI to fight cyberattacks
- Star Wars Battlefront II alpha could hit all platforms
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus