The Lian Li PCB-70 Full Tower Case
After a thorough once over the exterior and a peek at the internals, I am pleased to say the PC-B70 arrived in great condition despite the couriers attempts otherwise. I'll leave you to soak in the black brushed aluminum sleekness.
Taking a good look at the front, Lian Li offers a chassis with five external 5.25" bay drive covers. The top cover is to allow you to stealth the optical drive and the bottom bay is adaptable to 3.5". Under the drives is where the PC-B70 gets its source of fresh air. Lian Li chose to use 140mm, blue LED intake fans placed behind this cover. Last but not least, the bold, yet simple "Lian Li" name plate.
Turning the chassis to the left of the face panel, you can see the PC-B70 has no window in the door. This is due to what is on the reverse side, which I will show you soon and the fact that windowed cases allow for more noise to travel through the windows themselves. You may notice little "dimples" in the door; these are the after effects of the way the inner support structure is mounted.
Continuing to rotate the chassis, we arrive at the rear of the PC-B70. At the top there is a removable panel that allows you gain access to the 120mm fan and 3.5" drive rack. Below to the left is the hole for the rear I/O shield, while to the right there are water cooling pass-through holes atop another 120mm exhaust fan. The seven expansion slots are vented, as well as the section of aluminium to its right. At the very bottom is a removable plate to mount the PSU to for a simpler installation when mounting the PSU inside the chassis.
The right side of the PC-B70 is identical to the left in appearance, just more sleek and sexy brushed aluminum.
Even the top of the PC-B70 is sleek in design. A brushed aluminum door hides the front I/O panel next to the large power and smaller reset buttons.
Lifting the tab on the cover reveals the front I/O panel. It contains from the left, one E-SATA, one IEEE 1394 and four USB 2.0 connections. To the right are the two 3.5mm jacks for the HD and AC97 audio.
The underside of the PC-B70 is also aluminum and you can see they use a combination of screws and rivets to secure the various sub-frames. In each corner Lian Li places a rubber bottomed set of aluminum sided feet as a bold accent to all the black.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build]
- Page 9 [The Build - Continued]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now