I have been using the PC-B70 for a week or so up to now and I can honestly say this chassis does exactly what it was built to do. That is, to give you a more silent experience while computing. I did a bit of audio testing just to grab some comparable numbers. With the door off and the same sound meter I use for cooler reviews, I held it in the center of the opening, about two inches outside the chassis. Fans were all set to their highest settings besides the GPU fan which I manually set at 50%.
The sound level of the no door testing was 76dB, which is a bit on the loud side. With the door reinstalled and the meter returned to the same position, the meter bounced on the 52 -53dB mark; that's almost a 25dB drop. I for one am impressed, as the same test on the HAF 922 left me with a difference of only 13dB with and without the door. Not only is this chassis designed to keep quiet, Lian Li packages the PC-B70 in a sexy, smooth, black exterior and a bright and roomy interior.
With my limited time with the PC-B70, I really can only complain about one thing. The reset button is way too small for the amount of travel in the switch. It could be that I just have fatter than average fingers, but the button cannot be used by even my pinky. The travel of the switch is too deep for me to activate it without a pencil or another skinny implement. I honestly think a slightly larger reset switch is needed and wouldn't be a detriment to the overall looks.
Since I can easily overlook a small switch, as I run my rig 24/7, I have little need to reset anyways. The PC-B70 commands a premium price tag, but I think it is worth every penny of the 279.99 U.S. Dollar price at Newegg. I have seen several cases that demand similar prices, but they don't seem to offer the "entire premium package". Well, Lian Li does. This chassis is sexy, sleek, black and virtually completely tool-less to assemble. This isn't even factoring in the silence, room, or simple added touches such as the plastic parts container for extras, or the optional and removable bits like the top mounted 3.5" bays that can convert to a top mount for the PSU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside the Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build]
- Page 9 [The Build - Continued]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Phiaton launches PS 202 NC active noise cancellation earphones
- Famed astronaut Buzz Aldrin shares his 'master plan' for Mars
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20