Having a look at the front of the package, we've got a pretty funky design going on with a motorbike picture taking up the majority of the picture. Across the top we can see the GeIL Extreme Power equipment logo and we can also see a little bit of the memory, but nothing that really paints any kind of picture.
In the middle of the package we can see that the kit is of course a DDR3 one. We can also see it's part of the Ultra series and this particular one is a triple channel kit. Across the bottom we have the GeIL enhanced logo along with the GeIL one on the other corner.
Turning over, we've got all the information we need on the modules; we can see the kit is a PC3-14400 one or 1800MHz which we mentioned earlier. We can also see the timings and that the kit is a 6GB. We'll look closer at these details when we take a closer look at the modules.
Inside the package we've got a little leaflet that tells us what to do "before unleashing the beast." We've got a bit of information on SPD along with voltages. If you find yourself around higher end modules on a regular basis, there isn't anything too important here.
Having a look at the modules for the first time, we can see that there isn't anything too fancy going on as far as heatsink design goes. With the Ultra Series only being one level up from the Value one, we didn't expect too much. If you do want something a bit fancier, though, you'll be glad to know that GeIL do mix it up in their Gaming and XMP Series.
One side is pretty full on with information; we've got the GeIL logo in the middle while to the left side we have a DDR3 logo. On right side of the module we have a sticker that gives us a run down on all the important information that you'll need to know. On the other side we've got a sticker that just gives us some serial and part number information.
Having a closer look at one of the stickers, we can see that all the important information is there. The particular module is a 2GB one which comes in at 1800MHz. The timings the module uses are 8-8-8-28 which are achieved at 1.6V.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand