To give you a better idea of the sizes involved, this front of case shot shows how a full sized CD-ROM drive dominates the internal space of the casing, leaving barely enough room for a motherboard to fit beneath it.
So how does it run after shoe-horning the system together?
Booting up the system and leaving it to settle for 10 mins before taking some temperatures, we can see that it starts off initially quite acceptable at 41 deg C.
This is expected form a compact system where airflow is restricted and there are a lot of heat generating components close together (HDD, graphics, CPU, PSU).
After running Prime95 for 10 mins on both cores, we can see the temperature shoots right up to 67 deg C which is worryingly high for a system that can't exhaust heat as fast as regular systems can.
I feel that the system setup might be a bit too compact for this fan, with the need for more intake and exhausting fans to keep the heat down. Prolonged running of the system under load could easily result in thermal runaway and potentially damaged components.
I suggest to anyone building a slim system that if you choose this HSF to consider your airflow carefully and maximise it where possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis